Dragon Masters train at Docklands in Melbourne, Victoria. We have fun dragon boating and are one of Melbourne’s most active dragon boat clubs, regularly racing at local regattas, interstate regattas and the Australian Championships.
Please browse our web site and contact us if you want more information.
Latest News and Information
- We are running “come and try days” every Saturday in May 2016! These sessions will be held at Docklands starting at 8:30am. If you want to try dragon boating then this is your chance. The sessions are designed for beginners, are free and you will be provided with all equipment you need and coaching from a qualified coach. Click on the “Contact Us” button at the top of this page and we will get back to you with all the details
- Dragon Masters competed at the Club Crew World Championships which were held in Adelaide in April 2016, a week after the Australian Championships. The competition was hot but we managed to win a few medals:
- 2nd Place Senior B Open Large Boat 500m
- 2nd Place Senior B Open Large Boat 200m
- 3rd Place Senior B Open Large Boat 2000m
- The 2016 Australian Championships were held in Adelaide in April 2016. It was a tough event and we just missed out on a few medals; which will just make us hungrier next year! We did still manage a couple of medals in the 2000m events:
- 2nd Place Senior C Mixed Large Boat 2000m
- 2nd Place Senior B Open Large Boat 2000m
- The Victorian Titles were held at Docklands on the 5th March 2016 and Dragon Masters achieved great results in the Masters age categories (40 years or older):
- 1st Place Masters Women’s Large Boat 500m
- 1st Place Masters Open Large Boat 500m
- 1st Place Masters Open Large Boat 200m
- 2nd Place Masters Mixed Large Boat 500m
- 2nd Place Masters Mixed Large Boat 200m
- Dragon Masters are looking for new paddlers, particularly women and men 40 years of age or older. If you are looking for a new activity that provides a good social group and the chance to keep active get in touch!